View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Surviving trauma. - April 13th 2021, 10:18 PM

I survived some pretty bizarre trauma that took me a long time to recover from. I would rather not get into any details about it; but it stuck with me for a very long time. It's why I have a very poor perception of myself today — or I did up until very recently — and why I use food as a way to cope with the negative emotions that linger from those traumas.

However, it's been in the past year or two that I've been able to move on — even if slightly — from these traumas. I realize that everyone's traumas impact them in a way that's significant to them; no trauma is bigger or more scarring than other in the grand scheme of things because we all went through something that nobody should have gone through.

For me, I've been trying to channel the negative energy/vibes and bitter resentment towards something positive. I want to focus on helping the youth of today and tomorrow — which is why I am still here on TeenHelp going into my late 30s — so they know they:
• have a safe place to turn to, that being TeenHelp.
• with it being the 2020s, they have more resources.
• they have a story to share for the future generation.
• they can make a difference for others like them.
• that they aren't alone in the nightmare of the trauma.

It's a lot of work, the world is a very large and scary place. I don't believe I will make a profound difference on a global or even a national scale. But I have several online communities, TeenHelp and a few others, that I hope to make even a slight difference in.

What has your trauma taught you? Has it inspired you in any way?