View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Unmotivated and stressed - April 16th 2021, 03:40 PM

Thanks for reaching out! I get that feeling all too well, anxiety causes me to shut down and not want to do the things I hvae to get done. It's great that you're already aware that you need the extra time for assignments, and have asked teachers for extensions; but actually doing the work can be a challenge especially when anxious.

Have you considered reaching out to your parents, a trusted adult, a peer, or a school guidance counselor for support? It sounds like there is something weighing on your mind that might or might not have to do with schoolwork; and it'd make your life a lot easier if you had a support system in place.

I agree with the poster above in that you need to remember to take care of yourself. Being in high school is not like being in college/university. You can't withdraw from the class and if you miss too many days/or don't hand in assignments, you get held back a year. So, I think it's really important to get that support system and to take care of yourself at the same time.

I do not want to see you repeat another year of high school. Feel free to reach out again if needed.