Thread: Phone anxiety
View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Phone anxiety - April 25th 2021, 09:53 PM

I used to love talking on the phone to my friends when I was young. I would hog the house phone and drive my parents nuts.

The last few years I struggled, especially because there are instances where other people have been disrespectful to me on the phone. There was a bad encounter last year pertaining to my health and insurance and I was very panicked at the yelling I heard through the phone.

With that said, I do phone sessions sometimes which have helped but I know the person I am talking with. I've had to make a lot of calls for my medical care, including talking to nurses every so often when I was on a strong medication to make sure I was okay. All these phone calls made me become used to it, I guess.

I still don't like it and avoid it but if I am in the correct mood I can make four or five calls in the same sitting. I also used to absolutely hate leaving voicemails but thankfully that is no longer as bad.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers