View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Work, internship and self care - April 25th 2021, 10:11 PM

I'm in a similar situation to you, but I am balancing different things. Currently I have an internship, school, my health and a few others. Next year I will be starting grad school as well.

I think it's a bit different for everyone, but I do try to fit things in when I can. For instance, sometimes I get a burst of energy at a weird time, like late at night. I'll find something to use it for. Maybe I have twenty minutes between an appointment and a Zoom call for my internship. I can use that few minutes to answer emails or check my grades.

I do prioritize my assignments for school, see what is due first, or what is more important. My internship follows. I work with three people for my internship so I prioritize that and also look at who I last worked with.

I don't have any specific scheduling but for a while I did schoolwork on certain days of the week, like Monday-Thursday and did other tasks the last few days of the week. Someone I know gets their assignments done before the weekend. So, even if they have to work one of their jobs they at least can count on those two days a week when he doesn't have to do school assignments. I might go back to this as I find it helpful.

A big thing for me is not doing assignments after a certain time at night (if I can help it). It gives me an hour or two to unwind and do one of my hobby activities. I still check my emails and stuff like that but I try not to do any assignments or anything like that.

As for self-care I rely on the little things, like freshly washed sheets on my bed, maybe a new body wash or a few minutes longer to do my hair. Maybe it's a face mask or a favorite food.

Best of luck with grad school, your internship and work. You'll have to tell me about it throughout the process.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers