View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59

The struggles of getting my meds - May 4th 2021, 01:48 AM

I had such a hard time getting my Lamictal filled this time around, wow. Of course, it's a medication that if stopped abruptly can cause life-threatening withdrawals. It's also the type of medication where once you stop taking it you have to taper back up to the dose that you are on instead of going straight back to the old dose because if not it can be dangerous. :/

Apparently there were technical difficulties all around. I'd emailed her a few times asking for a refill but apparently the emails kept getting sent to her junk mail. Am I the only person who checks their junk mail daily and keeps that folder clean because sometimes important things get sent there?? She also apparently sent in a refill request for me days before that never went through. I'm inclined to believe that part because we've had issues with that before. But ugh, several emails going to junk. She also requested bloodwork online and that never went through either. Like wtf.

I took my last Lamictal today. So I call CVS and ask if they will give me an emergency supply and they said no because the pharmacist on duty only does it for blood pressure meds. So I had to get out of work and make an appointment with a walk-in clinic and pay for a Lyft there just to get a 10-day emergency supply of a medication I could have had refilled and delivered days ago. Then while waiting for it to fill I bought Wendy's and then bought a few other things from CVS, so I spent much more money than I intended to. Picked up my 10-day supply, and then had to wait 21 minutes for the nearest Uber driver (Lyft had none available at all) and, of course, pay for that too.

I was supposed to go to the laundromat to clean the guinea pig stuff today and couldn't due to this fiasco and now I'm freaking out about them possibly getting sick because i'm late on doing the deep clean and now can't go to the laundromat until Wednesday due to obligations tomorrow. I've only been able to spot clean. They're very sensitive animals. :/

God, I just wanted my medsssss.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive