Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19

Re: I feel like they have forgotten me - May 4th 2021, 02:33 PM

Hi Scout,
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling that way. It's always hard and tricky to navigate friendships especially in a work setting, I know I've definitely dealt with this myself.

As Hollie said, there are a lot of factors that make keeping up with colleagues even ones that you form relationships with, a bit difficult. From high turn-over to increasing work obligations. In addition to that, in the last year and a half especially, a lot of people have had to work hard to create the boundaries between work and home since many people are now working from home or working in situations that have had to drastically adjust to the current issues and that can be stressful. In creating those boundaries sometimes people can create that association that "even though we have a good relationship, they're my colleague or old colleague and that's work-related." That means that when they're in work mode they may be busy and reaching out slips their mind, and when they've left their work environment for the day they quickly fall into their home routines.

I know that may not seem helpful, and the feelings you're having are valid, but hopefully, it will make it a bit easier to understand where they may be coming from. While it may feel bad to be the one to reach out all the time if you're thinking of them sending them a nice message to check in may be a welcome surprise.

Stacey
Original join date: 27th September, 2004.
HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor