View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Puffalito

Edit avatar

Re: Not sure if this is the right place... does weed react badly with opiods? - May 5th 2021, 10:24 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Weed is not contraindicated with any substances I know of, meaning there are no specific interactions that cause a medically unsafe reaction in your body. However, most drugs have a number of effects on people, and this entourage of effects can be a little different in different people. Where I'm going with this is that sometimes you can wind up with effects from two drugs that do not go together well for you. Some people experience panic attacks with just cannabis alone. If they were to combine it with a stimulant that increases their heart rate and possibly even causes some anxiety of its own, it could create a really negative experience that could even result in heart rate increase, for example, that is dangerous, or at least scary to the person. Because of this, approach all combinations, just like all individual drugs that are new to you, with caution and, even if they have no known interactions, start slow to carefully find out how you system reacts.

I can't think of an interaction like this with opioids that could happen, but it could be possible that some people who experience some nausea from opioids actually have it made worse, rather than better, from cannabis if it contributes to a spinning sensation (I have seen it push drunk people over the edge into throwing up before!) I personally used to really enjoy taking a little puff of weed after a low dose (5mg) of oxycodone.

So, the short answer is, in my own extensive drug research, I have never come across anything that warned about cannabis having a dangerous pharmacological interaction with any other drugs, and I have no idea what HloeGH was saying ~ I have heard that for some people, certain cannabis actually helped them lower their opioid intake by helping with pain relief, but there is no way in hell cannabis is going to prevent an anesthesiologist from being able to effectively put you under anesthesia during surgery[/size][/color][/font]