View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: a revelation i had about autism - May 8th 2021, 08:00 PM

I really love moments like this. Even if we still feel like we're going through a tough time, we bring ourselves back to all the good points about life, and how there are many new things to explore and try out in the future.

I always remember when I was 18 in hospital for my final suicide attempt. Seeing that old lady across from me as the nurse read out aloud about how she's received a new '18 year old patient with an attempted suicide' - me. The look on her face was one I will never forget. She looked so ashamed of me.

That moment always sticks with me because it was at that moment how much life I have left to live. If I were to have died, I'd never have been able to experience all the things I've been able to now. I'd never have gone to university. Never got the job I have now. Never met some really wonderful people. Never met all the friends I have. It's crazy how one wrong move could have taken that all from me. Now I look back and feel appreciative. All it took was one look from that lady's face and everything changed for the better.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.