View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: mixed signals leading to nowhere (and sadness) - May 9th 2021, 07:57 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooys View Post
I think already everything has been said that has to be said here - you did admirably in mustering the courage to confess to her, but now you're going to have to be courageous again and ask her face to face. I know it's scary, but this mess you're in right now is going to make whatever outcome worth it - even if it's a bad outcome for you. Certainly brings peace, usually anyway.

The reason I do post is because I get so sad when I see people say stuff like, 'it's so embarassing to confess my feelings', and for people to feel embarassed when they get rejected. It's completely understandable to feel this way, but it is not very logical.

It is understandable because you may feel like you're not good enough, and because the person you have such a crush on or are in love with and therefore admire lets you down. It may also feel embarassing, what if people laugh?

Let them. Do you know what I can guarantee you? That 30 years from now, when your friend remembers this - and she will - she won't be laughing at you. She'll be smiling, and the memory will make her happy. In fact, I'm fairly sure you'll be smiling too in 30 years, either because you got a girlfriend, or because you learned so much that will help you in your life.

For every confession or advance I've had in my life, I have a memory. The earliest one was when I was but 9 years old. We played "tell a secret" and then "tell who you have a crush on". The boy whispered my name.

I'm now in my 30s and I still remember that. He was so embarassed, and probably sad because frankly at age 9 I was way too busy with barbies to pay attention to boys or think about these things. But when I remember this, I smile, because it was adorable, and cute, and made me very happy, and it still cheers me up sometimes, as do the other times were a guy had the courage to ask me out and I had to let him down.

I hope this makes it a bit easier to deal with confession-type situations.

At any rate, I wish you good luck, and I hope everything works out for you!
i'm sorry for the late reply, but i wanted to thank you for your message, it teared me up. thank you truly and i wish you all the best <33 i talked to her and i got rejected. i'm still trying to move on and i look forward to the day i'll remember all of this like a cute memory[/size][/color][/font]