View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: How do I stop doubting myself??? - May 11th 2021, 10:56 PM

So I am going to impart something to you, and I hope it helps. Maybe you'll be able to identify with it.

I came out as non-binary in the spring of 2020, smack dab in the middle of the pandemic. In the summer I started HRT with testosterone injections that I did weekly. Some people questioned why I would start T if I am non-binary, not a trans man, but I took them because I liked how they made me feel about myself and my body.

My ex, who I am still extremely close to, is a trans woman. She'd been open as such for many, many years before I met her, but she was one of the few trans people in my life I felt I could ask questions. I told her I was questioning my gender and whether taking T was a drastic choice. She told me to think about how I feel when I take T, and I told her it makes me feel joy. She then told me that if I weren't trans I wouldn't feel so excited for all the changes that were happening to my body. And I realized she was right. I had every right to feel how I felt and identify with that.

I know finding a label that fits can be scary, but I stand by what my ex said: think about how a label makes you feel. If it makes you feel good, or happy, or "right," it's probably accurate. And, of course, be open to changing, as we change over time. It's exciting to explore gender and sexuality and I hope you can do so with an optimistic and open mind.