View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Transphobic friend/group in general - May 30th 2021, 10:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Earlier today one of my friends sent a photo of a girl in our six form and said with the photo “no offence but she looks like a transgender woman”. This didn’t sit right with me and not one person said anything to her in the group chat (there’s around 12 of us) and so I called her out on it. She instantly got defensive and said that “she didn’t need to be educated”, and I replied with a calm tone trying to just tell her she shouldn’t make those types of comments. Well, a couple people in the group chat then began defending her saying that I attacked her for no reason. This isn’t the first incident of transphobia or homophobia within my group and I want to distance myself but I’m finding a hard time doing so. If anyone has any advice on how I can distance myself from the group then that’d be great. I have two really close friends in the group who are pretty content with staying and I don’t want to drift away from them, and I’m honestly at a loss of what to do. I’m just sick of being friends with these kind of people.[/size][/color][/font]