View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19

Re: What to talk about in therapy - June 9th 2021, 04:18 AM

Hey Dez,

I agree with the above poster and the idea of creating a list to bring in. The list could consist of bigger life events/themes/topics that you're wanting to talk about, or smaller things such as everyday triggers or what has been difficult for you in between a sessions. I think it's pretty common for people to get stuck with what to say once the appointment rolls around, so making notes may be a helpful to get the conversation going!

I would also recommend reflecting on what you'd like to get out of therapy and writing those down. When you first met with your therapist you were probably asked this, and it can be helpful to think back and look at what your overall goals are. If you're still stuck with what to talk about, you can always bring up what you were wanting to achieve and the therapist should be able to go from there.

Just remember that the therapist is there for you, you're in control of the session and what you chose to share, and the appointment is your time to spend focusing on yourself. Appointments sometimes go by in the blink of an eye so a list can help get the conversation going so you can get the most out of the short time you have.

Hope this helps a bit!

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.