Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): is this illegal ?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: is this illegal ? - June 27th 2021, 12:17 AM

I'm not very knowledgeable on Australian law, so I can't say as to whether or not such behaviour is illegal. However, from what you've described, I would certainly say their behaviour towards children is. Touching children like that is highly inappropriate.

I don't know how old you are now, but I agree with Mallika. If you feel you need to, try and chat with someone about what happened to you, perhaps a medical professional or even another family member whom you trust would be ok with what you're telling them. Something like that must have been very difficult for you to process at such a young age, and only have you come to realise that family member's behaviour is highly inappropriate.

I can only hope that you're no longer in contact with that family member. It does concern me that they may still be doing such inappropriate behaviour to other children as well.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, see if you can find out more information on that family member's behaviour and maybe try and find other children whom they've come into contact with. The more children that come forward with their inappropriate behaviour, the better.