View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Motivating yourself to clean! - July 3rd 2021, 07:07 PM

I now live alone in my apartment which is thankfully only downstairs from my parents as they are the landlords. I struggle to clean though due to my extreme lack of energy, depression, and chronic headaches.

I don't use my stove a lot so that is clean, so the main things I need to worry about are my floors, bathroom, and fridge. The fridge doesn't have any bad food in it, so I mainly mean keeping the actual fridge clean.

The problem with my floors is due to having guinea pigs, I track hay EVERYWHERE. If I bend down on the floor next to their cage to tend to them it gets stuck to my pants and scatters around, or it'll get stuck on my shoes, or when I take them out of the room to hold them it falls of them, etc. I can sweep my floors one day and it's instantly covered in hay again. I also have a Swiffer WetJet and my floors can definitely use some mopping, but agh.

The other things I have a hard time with are the bathroom sink, the toilet, and the tub. The tub isn't filthy but could use a clean. The sink seems to get dirty SUPER FAST for some reason, and then the toilet is, well, a toilet, so that could use a regular clean. I especially hate cleaning the outside parts of the toilet that aren't the bowl, like the bottom where dust and random gross collects. It makes me gag for some reason.

What tips do you have to keep things clean when you have chronic physical and mental illnesses and general low energy?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.