View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
HelloMegan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3

My boyfriend and my teenagers - July 29th 2021, 07:02 AM

Hi : )

I am a mother of 3 children, 16 year old son, 14 year old daughter and 4 year old daughter. Divorced 2 years, in a new relationship for 6months. My boyfriend is an awesome guy but hasnt been in a relationship for a good few years and has a son of his own who is 22.

My struggle is that he is very good with my children but doesnt seem to understand that now days teens tend to stay in their rooms, with Covid and my older two doing school online, they like to sleep late and do their won thing.

he think they just eat and sleep and gets irritated with them, but isnt that what all teens do? They do help around the house, although I need to ask them constantly to wash dishes and clean the kitchen, hang washing or feed the dogs. Teens now days arent considerate, they are selfish, its fact.

I sometimes feel torn between standing up for my children but also dont want to lose a very good loving relationship. He gets annoyed becasue they will come through and finish the last of the milk or eat all the biscuits or cake I baked....yes very selfish - but thats what they do.

Im so torn, how do I approach it with him, how do I approach it with my teens. I want everyone to be happy.

Last edited by Ennui.; July 29th 2021 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Moving to more appropriate forum :)