Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,861, Level: 33 Points: 55,861, Level: 33 Points: 55,861, Level: 33

Re: Stationery - August 21st 2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust. View Post

For example — well, this is a notebook that I picked up at an airport back in 2007 — I have a book that has a cocoa-chocolate backdrop, with lime green and not-quite hot-pink circles of varying sizes (think early 1990s) and while all the pages are pretty much used up, I still keep it because I love the design of the front/back cover.

Nice I've recently bought a bee-themed pocket calendar. It has lovely drawings of bees all over - it's going to remind me how much I love bees and honey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust. View Post
If I try to think any further than the design of the front/back cover or the size, then it gets too hectic and chaotic in my mind due to it having to be perfect and that thought of "oh, I can never touch it because whatever I do will be imperfect!"
Same... I've been keeping a diary for almost ten years and when I was starting my first or second one, I would always be angry with myself for drawing or writing something unaesthetic inside. Fortunately I've completed so many diaries since then that I don't pay attention to that anymore. Whatever I create in a notebook, it's beautiful.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM