View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,882, Level: 59 Points: 172,882, Level: 59 Points: 172,882, Level: 59

Re: Depression is making me lose my memory? - August 28th 2021, 01:46 AM

I definitely feel you there. I have the same problems with memory, focus, and concentration.

As far as things like chores go, I tend to have to set reminders on my phone in order to remember to complete them. I do that with other important things too. I sometimes even set the reminders to go off hourly so I continuously see it.

I'm not sure what your current study style is, but make sure you set out chunks of time to study instead of trying to cram it in all at once, or you'll never be motivated and will never process anything. For me, I find that repetition helps. That means that sometimes I write things out over and over again when studying until it kind of sticks in my brain. Even if I don't fully remember the concepts, at least it's in my brain. I also will read things out loud. If you have friends who are willing to study with you, talk it out with them so you have several forms of communication.

Reward yourself when you're done studying too so you have something to look forward to. "When I'm done studying, I can play that video game," etc. At least then there's some form of motivation!

You're not lazy, but remember that your mental health is what matters the most. Grades are a number, but mental health is forever.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive