View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MsSkywalker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3

Re: Med, Law, or nothing? - August 28th 2021, 02:17 AM

I agree with you that I shouldn't succumb to the pressure, but it's impossible. When I chose history over physics my mum didn't speak to me for 3 days and was mad at me for a month. I was sad but I dropped history for physics and now I'm failing it.

I always tell my mum that I won't do well if I don't enjoy it but she always turn around and says that I have a talent for talking to people and I'm really compassionate and want to help people so it would be a waste for me not to go into med. I tell her I'm too young to decide, but the test to get into med is not too far away so she has a point that I should start working now.

On top of this, my dad is a doctor, so I see the kind of life I would have - long hours, exhaustion, and some other really bad stuff. I told her that I don't want to go through that, but she says that I'll earn good money and be able to travel later in life. But by then I'll be OLD!

She is not willing to see my reasoning, and every time we talk, it leaves me in tears and I just can't reason with her.