Thread: Triggering (Suicide): I'm scared for my dad
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

I'm scared for my dad - August 29th 2021, 11:28 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]My dad is a great guy, he's the most caring loving parent I could imagine. He has always been so wonderful and kind, but now he's going through a tough time and I don't know what to do or how I can help him. He is not the kind to really share his problems with us, especially because he is a doctor and there are a lot of things he can't tell us. What I do know is that some nurse who used to work for him stole things from the practice and filed a lawsuit on him. She did this to other doctors too.

Now the medical board won't leave him alone, even though the nurse is the one who did the wrong thing. They keep on 'testing' him and even when the assessors said he did good, they don't let him be in peace.

I read a news article about a doctor who went through something similar, and he died by suicide because of these stresses. I really don't want that to happen to him...

Simply telling him we are always here for him won't work because he would shut himself away I think. I've tried to be happier around him, but the truth is I'm depressed too and this is really hard for me. I know that when he was in his 20s he went through a depressive period and I'm scared this is the same thing, and that he might be thinking of suicide. Today he was really really sad.

I don't know what to do...[/size][/color][/font]