Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Training plan for the next 2 months - September 1st 2021, 03:05 PM

Update 291 days after creating this thread
During summer holidays I've been travelling on and off, so I didn't exercise regularly. I bought a gym membership on Monday (the last time I had been to the gym was before the pandemic... lol!). I've hit the gym two times since Monday and I'm happy to have come back - exercising at home is completely different (and worse, I dare say).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter View Post
I've always dreamed of being able to do the split, so I'd love to achieve that too.
I still can't do the split. I had been stretching from November till January or so... I'm so impatient and stretching seems boring to me. Maybe I'll be able to do the split one day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter View Post
I would like to start physical therapy studies in autumn, but in order to get into the chosen uni I'll have to complete some endurance tests. The first one is a 800m run (my current time is 4.20 mins, I'm aiming for 3.20). The second one is a 50m swim.
Took the tests in July. Results: running - 3.14 (great) and swimming - 45.9 (good enough).

I had never practised running before I had to in order to train for the tests. I didn't like it at the beginning, but with time I got used to it as a regular exercise. However, I started experiencing knee pains. I visited a doc and they said I can't run because some kind of tissue inside my knees is deteriorating. I didn't think I would ever say this, but... now that I can't run I miss it. Especially its main advantage: the outdoors. I can't really perform gym exercises outdoors, especially ones involving machines. So while gym is great for autumn/winter, running is fantastic for spring/summer to get some of that fresh air.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM