Thread: Triggering (Suicide): I'm scared for my dad
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: I'm scared for my dad - September 4th 2021, 05:00 PM

Hey there, first I want to say I am so sorry you haven't gotten a response yet.

What your dad is going through sounds very stressful, and it seems like this nurse has targeted other doctors in the past and not just your dad. This individual clearly has unresolved issues and it might not have anything to do with your dad at all, just like it might not have anything to do with those other doctors; but this is clearly — and understandably so! — having a profound negative effect on your dad. I am so sorry you're going through this.

The important thing is that you and your family should keep reminding him of how important he is; but as you said, he will shut himself off and especially if you're overbearing. As a young person, this is certainly not something you should be dealing with; you should be focused on things such as school, career, employment, social life, etc. It's's really nice you're taking time out of your life to provide support for your dad and thanks for reaching out on here!

Could you recommend he speak to a therapist? It sounds like he has a lot of unnecessary burden, and you're carrying some of it when you shouldn't be. I think it would be extremely beneficial for him; and as an older individual, it's understandable he'd have his doubts about therapy but I think if you sit down with him and the rest of your family to have a chat, it'll be more productive as opposed to say... you talk to him by yourself.

I'm sorry if this wasn't super great advice and I hope someone else comes along with their insight.

Wishing you good thoughts and feel free to reach out again.