View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,973, Level: 42 Points: 88,973, Level: 42 Points: 88,973, Level: 42

Unsure of what to do. - September 25th 2021, 02:42 AM

For most of my life, I have always been indecisive about big, life changing decisions such as career choices and the like. However, I know for certain that working in childcare for the rest of my working life is not what I want to do. I have applied for other jobs but because I lack experience in other fields besides the childcare and hospitality industry, they do not want to give me the opportunity for obvious reasons.
Recently, I applied for an electrical apprenticeship where I am up step 4 out of 7 of the recruitment process which is an online interview. To be honest, I'm surprised I've made it this far but I am genuinely happy that I have done so at the same time. There are a lot of benefits with this position and company but also a lot of cons like with any job. My main concern if I do get offered the position is not living up to their expectations and I know that I will be doing a lot of on the job training but I am concerned that in the future they will terminate my employment because I'm not doing so well or I will not like the job. I don't want to leave my current job and go to another position that is even worse then the one I am at now. I obviously won't know if I don't take the risk and I am jumping ahead of myself considering I haven't even been offered the job but I am like this with any position that I have been offered in the past. I get 'cold feet' and end up panicking, resulting in declining the job.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what have you done to overcome this?