View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Friend's relationship situation - opinions needed - September 27th 2021, 10:22 AM

I think that's the response I ideally needed to hear. I did feel bad afterwards for saying to her a lot of things along the lines of it being a terrible idea. I think she's obviously meeting up and talking with this other guy because her current boyfriend has been making her unhappy. Possibly having him as some form of escape. She did say to me that she'd have liked him as a friend, but even now, he's behaving like he would when they were 'together' and would blow hot and cold.

Looking deeper into it, I think the reason I was trying to convince her to stay away from him was partially because of something concerning she told me. She said she met up with this guy (I'll call him C) back in 2018 on Tinder. They met up and had a drink but didn't have many. Suddenly all she remembers was him on top of her and then vaguely remembers him patting her on the back as she was throwing up in the bathroom. She doesn't remember that they had sex or anything of the sort. She thought maybe she had a lot to drink but didn't think she had. It all just seemed a bit weird and concerning how she basically didn't remember anything and only just about remembered the end portion of having sex. She also said when she met up with C again recently, she said there was definitely nothing between them and actually felt a bit sick when she was around him. I don't know if something more serious happened which is why she had no recollection of what happened, or she somehow did genuinely drink more than she thought. Either way, in my head the whole thing seemed like a massive red flag and I wanted to try and persuade her to stay away from him.