View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Overwhelmed at work. - December 6th 2021, 12:07 PM

Your boss sounds like an absolute nightmare. She clearly has no understanding for your side of the fence. Her demands are too extreme. I had a manager at work that was completely out of touch with his employees. He would place classes on the timetable and some of them were 45 minutes long, 3 of them back to back. Working in a gym is a physically demanding job. Having to come from studio to studio and do all that exercise with gym members back to back for that length of time was absolutely horrific. His attitude was all about hitting number statistics and targets. He didn't care about his employees and how they'd feel about all the work he was placing upon them. It sounds like your boss is somewhat similar in this way.

She seems to place a lot of undue stress on you because she's either completely out of touch with what it's like to be at your level, or that she's trying to hit a specific deadline/target and so is pushing employees like yourself incredibly hard in order to reach them. Not good.

What I can suggest is that you perhaps see if other employees are also in the same boat, or possibly speak to a senior personnel higher than your boss.

On the plus side, at least you only have around 8 months of dealing with her. Though at a time like this, I'd feel like those 8 months can't come quick enough!