View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Lets talk Christmas! - December 15th 2021, 11:25 AM

We normally buy in a load of food, and over the week of Christmas we start opening up the food and binging a bit. Then on Christmas day we have a food spread and open gifts etc. Later in the evening we have Christmas dinner and that's it. My family doing usually do anything big.

Since last year we decided to use little decorative Christmas mittens to put on the tree which contain wrapped gifts. We each pick one random mitten a day. You don't know what's in it and you can't pick and choose either. Once you've chosen your mitten, that's it. This year my mum's joined in so it's more fun. So far I'm the proud owner (or was, I ate them all) of several nougat chocolate bars, some lollipops, and hard sweets, as well as lib balm.

I enjoy wrapping gifts! Only issue is that I always get backache from excessively leaning over.

It depends. We do multiple food shops. Freezer stuff early, then fridge-y stuff after, then desserts last. As for Christmas presents, this year, I'm really, really late. Normally I have them ready as far back as November.