Thread: Mum cant let go
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Astar Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,624, Level: 12 Points: 7,624, Level: 12 Points: 7,624, Level: 12

Mum cant let go - December 27th 2021, 01:17 PM

Hi, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xx
So basically, as long as I’ve lived it’s always been me, my mum and my sister. We have a relatively privileged life, nice holidays, designer clothes, lots of food etc. However, me and my sister have never been given any freedom. We weren’t allowed to leave the house without my mum until we were 16. We are not allowed piercings, hair dye, tattoos, to stay out late or to express our sexuality. I am very much a lesbian but could never admit it. We are also never allowed to move out. My mum purposely does ALL the jobs and won’t ever let us help- i have offered to cook etc many times but we are never allowed, meaning at 22 i have the lifeskills of an 8 year old. Its getting more and more difficult being at home. My mum wants to do everything with me, taking weekly trips out, going shopping, constantly being in the same room, however wont let me give my opinion if it goes against hers. My sister has got to the point where she ignores both of us, and my mum spends all her time treating me like I’m 5. She has no friends and no one else except me so I literally cannot leave. My dad does live at home but has nothing to do with any of us so he is no help. Im basically stuck forever with no chance of ever having my own life. Help please

I can do it and I can get through it. So can you xx