View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: how do i sort out feelings? - January 30th 2022, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyNextDoor View Post
it might influence our future interactions though. how do i know if it's platonic friendship or smth more?
As Dez said, the great thing about sexuality is that it's fluid. It's very common in people of all ages, genders, races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic statuses to experience feelings of attraction they don't understand, and to question their sexuality as a result. It's perfectly normal!

I know the importance of trying to decide and find a label, but sometimes it's not the easiest or simplest thing to do, especially in a case like this, and that is totally okay. I know you're worried about it influencing future interactions, but I don't think that needs to be your biggest worry right now. Honestly, it sounds like you have a really good friend who supports and cares for you, and while at this time it seems a little strange or confusing, it doesn't mean you have to dwell on it, or feel like it'll make things weird.

We worry often about what other people think, and the truth is they can't read our minds, so things are often not as obvious, and many times as not a big a deal in many cases, as we think they are. I promise. So for now, let yourself relax and enjoy your friendship, while keeping in mind that your feelings have changed, and that's okay. You don't have to rush to figure it out. In fact, the less you pressure yourself to find an answer, the more clear it will become in time.

Take care!