Thread: Friendship fail
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Friendship fail - February 19th 2022, 12:17 PM

Hey Dani, and welcome to TeenHelp. I am glad you reached out and hope we may be able to help you.

It sounds like this message was distressing to receive, and I am sorry you feel broken and betrayed. It sounds like there's a lot going on here, but the thing I want to note is that you are not a jerk. Regardless of what led up to this interaction or went into it, I believe we all do the best we can with what we have at the time. It sounds like you're trying your hardest to be a good friend, and that's what matters.

It also sounds like you care about your friend, and while this message was hard to hear and it sounds like your friend has some dissatisfaction of their own, I would like to note that it does sound like they are also trying to save the relationship, too, by letting you know what they need. Though your friend is obviously unhappy, I don't think it has to be the end of things. But it sounds like they were holding on to a lot without telling you, and I am sorry you got flooded as a result. I think it might be worth taking some time for both of you to process what you want and also to figure out how to communicate safely, honestly, and openly so this doesn't happen again, because it's hard for both people involved.

Would you mind talking a little bit about why you feel broken and betrayed? It sounds like you're hurt, and it might be worth talking a little bit more about why that is.