Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Ukraine and Russia. - March 2nd 2022, 08:34 PM

Polish here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarent View Post
Polish here.
But Poland has been nothing short of fucking amazing with this. Almost half a million refugees from Ukraine has arrived so far, and the entire country, including, weirdly enough, basically every single political party no matter the leaning, agreed this is the correct thing to do. People have been donating everything, from food, medicines, children's toys, sweets, fuel, inviting the fleeing Ukrainians to stay with them. I myself donated money to a large charity aimed at helping the refugees, and I've seen and read posts from my own friends and ex-friends, offering help, rooms to stay, sharing information about who can help who... It's quite uplifting, considering how we Poles can get quite fragmented, and love to complain.

I agree completely. I have bought medicine to be transported into Ukraine and many, many people are doing the same or similar. To be honest, I haven't heard anything different than utter condemnation of this war
from other Poles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal. View Post
I also don't see why the Ukraine has to be part of NATO. I don't understand a whole lot about it so I won't say much; but wasn't it established shortly after WW2? Why do we still have it?
I can't believe what I have just read. Is this some kind of US mindset?

Civilians' houses (civilians just like us, leading their lives just like us) are being bombed and you people are talking about some stock market shit? NATO? Or if the Ukraine should even exist? Yes, countries smaller than the US do exist and we do have our own national identities and would not like to be absorbed by Russia just because we're smaller countries bordering with it or because some of these countries used to be Soviet republics against their will
Maybe you don't see it, but here in Poland it's happening. The refugees are visible, there are special accomodation places being organised for them, many Poles are taking fleeing Ukrainians into their own homes, and most of us do know some Ukrainian people who are our friends working, studying, living in Poland.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.