(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: My friend groped me - March 30th 2022, 04:15 PM

Hey Scout. I am so sorry this happened to you. Regardless of your dating history, nobody has the right to touch you without your consent and what he did to you was wildly inappropriate.

There is no "right" or "wrong" answer to what to do next, the choice is yours. Healing in situations where we've been harmed by somebody we care about looks different for everybody; some people want to completely block the person and never speak to them again, but for some people, they may not even want to cut the person out of their lives or are unsure yet. How you respond and the boundaries you create in the wake of what happened is your decision. Mallika (above) gave some great advice about drafting a letter outlining the incident. Whether or not you choose to send it, getting your thoughts and feelings down on paper may help you process what happened. If you choose to send it, you can block him afterwards, but if you're comfortable, you can also engage in dialogue. I would consider your safety and the relationship you want with him afterwards, and know that you can always change your mind.

something burning?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.