eaty Offline
Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26

Re: Home improvement, or DIY projects! - April 10th 2022, 08:00 PM

Finally getting a chance to share.

First project was more home repair. Whoever installed the gutters on the back of my house were either idiots, or lazy. And it led to water soaking into the fascia board (The board that you install gutters today) and completely rotting. We had birds flying into the hole it created. So we took a weekend to pull that board and a couple others down, and replacing it all.

Second project could have been a simple repair, but we decided to completely renovate the room while there. I have a small room I use to store my clothing, and while walking out of it a hole kinda formed. And once again, idiots built that room. And instead of just fixing the hole, and finding replacement linoleum tiles. We fixed the hole, and installed laminate flooring planks. Painted the room, and added a bit of molding to finish it up. Learned a lot with that one. Also went to the hardware store a LOT. But I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

In the future I want to replace the floor in our upstairs bathroom, but I am in no hurry.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.