(#1 (permalink)) Old
PlutoTheOpposum Offline
Lyl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lyl
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7

Unhappy My mom made me cry today - May 11th 2022, 07:55 PM

Hey, first post. I was looking for somewhere to vent because I've kinda learned I can't talk to my family...But before I start I need to give some context.

Me and my mom and dad had gotten into a GIANT argument, by fault of my own (even though it was unintentional), and my mom had stopped talking to me for a few weeks. During that time, I was venting to my older sister about how I was feeling and she was there to support me. My mom was still mad at me and not talking to me, so I told my older sister about a dance/graduation coming up because I needed someone to go with me. Since I'm finishing up middle school, this is a big deal. She said she'd go, she'd love to. We'd been talking about it for months, and eventually my mom started talking to me again. Some time later I had told her about the dance and asked her if she wanted to go, and she said "why would I want to go to your dance?" To which I said she didn't have to go, and she shrugged it off. Because we were allowed to bring two people, I instead asked younger sister to go with me.

Now where this leads to now is that my older sister found out she's supposed to work on the day of my dance, and so I don't have anyone to take me. I got home from school today and it was all going good, I didn't think anything was wrong when talking to her, and then I ask my mom if she wants to go with me to the dance since my older sister couldn't go. My mom says sure, and I don't remember exactly how it happened but it got onto the topic of how I asked my older sister and not my mom to the dance. I told her I did ask her and she said no, but she turned it around and said "no, you told me about the dance. You told me *older sister's name* and *younger sister's name* are going with you". I told her that's not what I said, and that I 100% recall asking her if she wanted to go and I told her what she had said, and she was like "I don't remember saying that, but keep making stuff up." It then got onto the topic of me venting to my older sister, and how my older sister tells my mom everything I say about her when I'm venting (not even out of a place of hatred, just frustration) I tell her I didn't mean it like that, and she says "do you know how many times I've cried because of you?" So i set the unfinished painting I had in my hands on the table (I had been showing her my paintings from school just a few minutes before that) and she says "what, are you gonna give that to *older sister's name* once you finish it?" I said no, and that I'm not even gonna finish it. She rolls her eyes and I go to go upstairs to my room, but I don't even get to the kitchen before I just break down in tears.

This isn't the first time she's made me feel like and awful person, and my self confidence/esteem/image had decreased SIGNIFICANTLY because of things she's said (and my dad, too)
So i spent about an hour crying in my bedroom.

Ty for reading this awful little vent, I just don't know if this is my fault or if this is even an issue. Maybe I'm overreacting, or exaggerating it..idk.
Advice if you have anyy ty.