View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: What kind of representation do you prefer? - May 26th 2022, 07:48 PM

I love to see representation but I don't want it to be the focal point of a movie. I like to unwind and not have to sit through two hours of a PSA or educational movie. If I wanted to do that, I'd watch a documentary or something similar to TED Talks. It seems events early on in the decade (remember, we're almost a quarter way through the 2020s!) has spurred on a lot more than racial diversity. We've gotten commercials with Deaf individuals, those with Autism, Ace representation; all of these example are topics that matter to me and I very much appreciate it. I would like to watch a movie (or TV show) and the narrative us early on that "hey, this character is so-and-so!" and that be it.

I still want that to be a part of the storyline, their character to be consistently Ace, Deaf, or Autistic; but I don't want to be schooled. I just want to sit back and relish in the fact that "Hey, Hollywood is getting their shit together!" — though you're more likely to see better representation on Indie Films or B Films than Hollywood.