Thread: Triggering: Could I be pregnant?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59

Re: Could I be pregnant? - June 2nd 2022, 05:56 PM

There's always some level of risk of getting pregnant whenever you have sex, especially if it is unprotected, although you are the most fertile when you are ovulating.

While some of the symptoms you described can be pregnancy symptoms, it's important to note that they can be symptoms of other things as well, such as PMS or maybe being a little under the weather. That's why it's the best way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. They're most accurate after you miss a period, but can be taken about three weeks after you have had sex if your periods are irregular or you just want to be sure. Planned Parenthood also has a quiz you can take to help you determine if the symptoms you are experiencing could be due to pregnancy.

I'd try not to panic too much until you miss a period or can get your hands on a pregnancy test. Things like stress can impact a person's period, making it start early, late, or not come at all that month. So, try and take a few deep breaths and find things to do to distract yourself, such as a hobby you really like or spending time with people.

Do you think you'd be able to talk to your doctor about other forms of birth control, if this is something you are comfortable with? There are other types of birth control like the implant, IUD, shot, patch, or ring that you don't have to remember to take at the same time every day. This is a website that helps you compare birth control methods.

I hope this helps some!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive