Thread: Triggering: Could I be pregnant?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Could I be pregnant? - June 2nd 2022, 06:30 PM

Hello,
thanks for reaching out!
I would say pregnancy is possible, but not very likely.

First, from what you've described a lot depends on the efectiveness of the birth control pill - it is certainly lower due to irregular dosing, but the pill might still work.

Second, I'm not sure whether your boyfriend ejaculated inside or outside of your vagina. Direct ejaculation into the vagina has a higher chance of leading to pregnancy than ejaculation near the vagina, as the sperm is more likely to survive. However, a number of other factors contributes to pregnancy, so evenejaculation inside the vagina does not necessarily mean pregnancy.

You have described different symptoms, but again, they might or might not be connected to pregnancy. While some pregnancy symptoms might appear around 1-2 weeks after unprotected sex, it is still rather early. Everything you've mentioned might have different reasons, for example stress (especially since you're stressed and worried about pregnancy), travelling, medication, illness etc.

As far as ovulation is concerned, it typically lasts around a day (with the so-called fertile window lasting a few days before and after). In some cycles ovulation might not occur at all.

To sum up, what I would do in your situation is:
1. Visit an OB-GYN. This is quite important, especially taking into consideration how you've been missing your birth control pills. Not only would a doctor be able to determine whether you're pregnant or not, but they could also assess any potential hormonal issues caused by irregular pill dosage.

2. If visiting a doctor is not possible:
  • wait for your period;
  • if it doesn't begin within 3-5 days of its predicted start date, take a home pregnancy test;
  • read the leaflet of the birth control pills you take and see if there is any information on what to do/what symptoms might appear if you've been missing pills;
  • in the meantime: try not to think of all this too much (I know how this sounds, but at this point worrying will only make you more stressed and anxious). Take a hot bath, watch a movie - try to relax.

I would like to stress once more that taking birth control pills irregularly is very risky and may have serious consequences. Please take this into account in the future - for your body's sake

I hope I helped. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Take care and good luck!
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM