View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Is it time to quit? - August 23rd 2022, 07:38 AM

Hey,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling in camp!

Do you think it would help you to try and get to know other people at the camp? You have a common interest in dancing that can be the start of a conversation. Ask them a question or make a comment about a lesson and start a conversation from there, for example. I know it’s scary but it may help! Your dance partner may be a good person to start with.

Or do you think you can talk to your coaches and tell them you’re feeling lonely? I don’t think they’ll be disappointed in you. They’re there to help and they’ve probably experienced this before with other people who have gone to camp.

If you want, try and make a pros and cons list of the reasons you should stay or the reasons you should go home. For example, two things on the stay list could be that you are learning more about dancing and can gain new skills, and also that you can meet new people and make new friends. You also may feel proud of yourself for sticking it out. On the go home list you can add things like you’ll have the comfort of being home. You also probably wouldn’t have to see any of the people at camp again so if they’re disappointed it doesn’t really matter. What other things can you think of for both sides? See if the pros of staying outweigh pros of going home.

I’d say give it some thought before jumping into a decision. I know it’s tough but you’ve got this!

Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.