Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16

Re: Will the Covid 19 ever end - October 11th 2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperingSilence View Post
I don't think it will end as such, but restrictions have been relaxed, however that being said there are currently over 1.3million in England who have tested positive for covid and quite a-lot of the people in hospitals are covid patients who have had the vaccine and the booster vaccines... I've had 3 vaccines and caught covid.. I don't think Covid will like actually ever go away I think it will be more like the flu where each year we get a flu vaccine...
Here in England there has been talk of mask wearing coming back and some restrictions being put back into place I am hoping that does mean a lockdown. The problem is because there is no longer a legal requirement for people with the covid-19 virus to self isolate.. people are going about and spreading it. I think that if you have the virus you should self isolate.. because the vaccine doesn't prevent you getting the virus... it just means you MIGHT not be as poorly as you would be if you had not been vaccinated..
I have now tested negative but the cough is lingering.
I don't think COVID will ever go away either. Restrictions are way more relaxed like you mentioned. I didn't know that about England having that many positive cases. I too had my vaccines and booster, but ended up getting COVID this past May.

I sadly know of people in real life, and on the Internet who tested positive but continued going around the community spreading it. I also think the same thing. If you test positive, you should be self isolating for the 5-10 day period. They also here in my state don't test you for COVID before a surgery/procedure if you are double jabbed and boosted.