Thread: Triggering (SH): They found out
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,351, Level: 47 Points: 109,351, Level: 47 Points: 109,351, Level: 47

Re: They found out - November 26th 2022, 11:22 AM

Hello,

I am so sorry that your parents found out about this like this and I'm also sorry that you are having a hard time with this now. Sometimes when our parents find out about something that we are going through, they may not really understand this and they will be really upset and start to yell at us because they are not sure what is wrong or what is happening at the moment. I'm not saying that it is okay for our parents to yell or be hurtful to us, some parents do this. How about giving everyone some time to cool down and then see about if all of you can try talking calmly together as a family. Or how about if you can try writing them a letter about everything that you have been going through and why you have been self harming and if you would like to put anything else in the letter that you would like to talk about and tell them.

Also another idea that you can try doing would be, when you go to school, go to your favorite teacher or the school counselor and try talking with them about what has happened and see if they would be able to have your parents join you and them and all of you are talking calmly together and try to figure something out together as a family. Maybe your teacher or the school counselor would be able to give you all some tips to help each other in this and you will be okay. Try to find something to help you to feel better soon, going for a walk or listening to music or watching movies or TV shows or calling a friend or drawing or painting or writing or something else that you enjoy doing. I hope you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.