View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
dystopia Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Unhappy Prom should not be this stressful - January 13th 2023, 03:53 AM

I'm a grade 12 student going to prom in the spring, so I need to start thinking about what I will be doing. I have a boyfriend of 2 years who is a year older than me. I already went to his prom last year. Over the past year, it has been clear that my boyfriend and friends do not get along. In my opinion, it seems just like a big miscommunication but my friends swear they think he is a bad person. Anyways, my problem is, what should I do for prom? I've always kept my boyfriend and my school/friend life separate, and now it is even worse that my friends don't like him, and because of that, he doesn't like them. Of course, there's the option of not bringing him, but that would be awkward since I went to his. Do I bring him and hope they can get along, don't bring him and try to explain it to him in such a way that won't hurt him, or do I not go at all?

If you want a little background on why they don't like each other: when meeting my boyfriend for the first time, my friends went a little crazy and were quite awkward, asking inappropriate questions and whispering to each other about us, etc, and he just wasn't engaging with them that much because of that, he was shy!! And then the second time it went fine at the beginning until my friends started doing the same things again which then made him quiet and shy again.. and after my friends texted me a bunch of mean things about him, saying things like "why do you even like him" "what do you see in him" "i see why he has no new friends" etc...anyways!! I don't know what to do.