View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: No Contact with Parents - January 14th 2023, 02:59 PM

I have not yet, but I will in the future.

Dez mentioned that you don't really owe them an explanation and that is true. From what I understand it's a bit like 'you give an inch, they'll take a mile' kind of thing. if you choose to give them an explanation, they can take your reasoning and break it down or use it to try to manipulate you into staying. Even so, you may decide that you wish to give an explanation and that is up to you.

I am not where you are yet, but I have started to create my own family, in a sense. Most of the time, a positive text message or presence helps. There is one person who knows more than others and I find that support to be very useful, especially because I tend to convince myself that I am the negative, unhealthy person when I get too intertwined. So, a healthy person, no matter what you discuss, can be helpful.

How much do you think your parents will respect your boundaries? Do you think they will call/text you all the time, look for you online, or show up unannounced at your doorstep? Or do you think you'll get silence in return? Something to consider.

And at the end of it, remember that this is for you and your health and safety. Sometimes if I start to doubt myself, I think of a bad moment I experienced to remind myself "this is why I want to do this". Is there one moment that stands out from the rest? Each day after going no-contact is a symbol of the inner peace and freedom you're working towards.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.