View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Wellbeing app recommendations - January 28th 2023, 03:32 PM

Those sound good! I will have to check them out.

I currently use Apple. I use the health app to give me medication reminders because I forget them...which then contributes to additional mental health symptoms.

There is an app called Calm that was recommended by my therapist. It has sounds and meditations you can use for certain things (ex: better sleep, self-esteem) and it has a free version. The paid version is a yearly subscription.

My favorite - though it doesn't target mental health directly - is an app called AllTrails. It allows you to look at hiking trails in your area, view maps, coordinates, images and reviews of trails. You can make an account, make lists, and check off a specific trail you've visited among other things. There is a free and paid version, but the free version has a lot already. I like hiking as a peaceful yet active activity, so I guess that's why I'd recommend it for mental health.

I have several yoga apps, but I am trying to figure out which ones I like best that have a nice free version. I have heard there are good coloring apps, too. Does anyone use those/have recommendations for some?

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers