View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
oceaneyes95 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17 Points: 14,331, Level: 17

It’s always been difficult for me to support. - March 22nd 2023, 05:10 AM

I’m posting this here because it’s what feels safe. It’s always been really difficult for me to support the “recovery community” as in recovery from substance abuse. Mostly because I’ve only drank a handful of times, and never done drugs, or even smoked anything. But that’s not to say I haven’t experienced trauma in my life! I’m 28 years old & the last 10 years have been filled with brokenness for me & my kids! I’ve overcome a lot and just because I didn’t “go to rehab” for any of it doesn’t mean that my accomplishments are any less! It doesn’t mean I should get any less love, or any less credit from those around me than someone who has gone to rehab for substance abuse! Guess what! I’m clean & sober too! I live a life of sobriety, and always have! I’ve worked really hard to come out of domestic violence, and poverty, and depression, and many other things! I also did it without any support from my family! I don’t feel like those of us are who’ve overcome things without “recovery” or whatever, get enough credit!