View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Raising awareness about health conditions. - April 19th 2023, 12:31 AM

I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed with it almost 11 years ago now. It is quite painful and goes in and out of remission for me. One thing I have found with other people trying to understand is that (at least with me) it doesn't have a pattern. Someone I know has arthritis in his arm - so that arm is where the pain always is. It moves with fibro. I have actually had some flares the last few weeks, due to increased stress. But other things, like injuries (even minor) or the weather can have an impact. Doctors don't all believe it exists either, which is upsetting sometimes.

I also have endometriosis. I really had a hard time advocating for myself with doctors. I have had several surgeries to remove it but am guaranteed a few more because the disease has damaged some (non-essential) other organs. I will need them removed as well as any disease that has returned but I am trying to prolong their lifespan. My bladder and bowels, and a few other areas, have some permanent damage.

I have a few other things as well, but these are ones that are most significant in my life.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.