View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Raising awareness about health conditions. - April 20th 2023, 11:49 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I'm dyslexic and when I was in elementary school that's when my parents found out about me having this. I mix up words a lot and sometimes it takes me a while to read when I'm doing my school work. The school wanted to put me in special education and my parents told the school no, they will help me with this and I was in all of the regular classes and everyday I worked with a tutor the whole time in school and going through all of the grades,
even on the weekends to help me with my school work and this tutor was amazing. She helped me and I always had A+'s as low as B+ and I never wanted to take anything less than B+ and I didn't because I worked very hard on not using dyslexia to get a pass. School is still hard for me, I told myself that I am never going to use having dyslexia to get something in life. I never want anyone to feel sorry for me and I get a good grade. I will work very hard and not give up and if I fail, it's because I didn't try hard enough. The truth is, I'm very glad that my parents went against the school because this made me so much stronger. When you have a disability, it is something that is part of you and you are never this. Always remember that.[/size][/color][/font]
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.