Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,781, Level: 29 Points: 40,781, Level: 29 Points: 40,781, Level: 29

Re: Boys and girls - April 24th 2023, 05:20 AM

Hi there,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you for liking both boys and girls. You can't control what gender(s) you're attracted to. It's just a part of who you are. Unfortunately, there will always be people that don't agree with that or that will try to shame you for living your truth. But, at the end of the day, you have to focus on what makes you the happiest and what allows you to live your most authentic life.

I'm sorry to hear that, in addition to your church community, you don't feel supported by your family. One of the most beneficial things that you can do for yourself is to find people in your life that are supportive of you being exactly who you are. Do you have close friends at school or in your community that you feel comfortable coming out to? If not, perhaps you could see if your school offers a club for people in the LGBTQ+ community, such as GSA. Clubs like that are a great place to meet new people who will be nothing but supportive and may even be able to share their own stories with you.

If attending church is something that is important to you, you may also want to consider looking for inclusive churches in your area. I'm not sure what your religion is, but I have noticed a growth in churches in my community that welcome LGBTQ+ individuals and offer just as much support for them as they do for any other member of their church. Being part of the LGBTQ+ community doesn't mean you have to step away from your religious beliefs if that isn't something that you want to do. It's just about finding the right environment that fosters your religious growth AND is supportive of your identity.

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to shoot me a message anytime!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.