(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Someone passes away. - May 23rd 2023, 08:53 PM

My coping mechanisms depend on who passed away and how close I was to them. I do tend to shut down a little bit when I experience a major loss, but I try to pull myself out of that as quickly as possible by thinking about how the person who passed away would want me to feel. Would they want me to be sad or would they want me to continue to live life to the fullest? That being said, I will give myself the space to express my feelings when needed. If my feelings about their passing are very strong, I may also journal about my feelings to provide an outlet for them.

I also try to do something that honors that person and/or my connection to them in some way. For instance, I might light a candle on their behalf or go to a location that was important to them to participate in an activity that they enjoyed doing. If they were someone I spent a lot of time with, I may also revisit a place that holds a special memory that I have with that person. It helps me remember the connection that we had and feel a little bit closer to them, even after they're gone.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.