I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Those nights - May 31st 2023, 03:50 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I've definitely experienced this feeling before and it can be so difficult to process. Do you find that this typically happens when you're getting ready to go to bed or do you start having these feelings the moment the activity in your day starts winding down? Either way, you might want to try a minimally stimulating activity to help prevent your mind from wandering to negative places as much. For instance, you might try putting on a comforting movie or TV show or doing a calming activity, such as drawing or coloring.

Depending on the hour, perhaps you could also reach out to a friend. Even if you aren't able to physically hang out, having someone to talk to (whether it's about what you're feeling or just general chit-chat) can really help ease some of those feelings and give you the reminder that there are people who care about you and enjoy having you in their life. Personally, that does wonders for my mood!

I hope this helped a bit! Please remember that you're not alone and that you are valued. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if you'd just like to talk.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie