Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33

Social media - too much screen time - June 15th 2023, 11:24 AM

Hi everyone!
I hope you’re doing well.

Perhaps you remember that some time ago I created a thread about TikTok/Youtube Shorts/Instagram Reels etc.
Well, now it’s become a part of my daily routine which I do not like.
It’s mostly about time – I lose about 1-2 hours per day scrolling Youtube shorts. I’d prefer to spend this time in a different manner. But it’s not only about wasting time; it’s also bad for my physical health – posture and eyes – and mental health (perfect life in social media, I start feeling inadequate etc.).
I feel like I don’t have enough willpower to simply stay away from mindless scrolling. I tried using an app that only allows certain time of YT usage per day, but it comes with one severe disadvantage: I often use YT to listen to music (it’s my only source of music), or for meditations/sleep stories/sleep music. That said, if I set a 30-minute daily limit for YT, it means I cannot have a 40-min meditation or a 2-hour sleep story. Since this is using YT for listening only, not for watching videos, I tried searching for my favourite sleep channels on Spotify, but unfortunately, they’re only available on YT.

I’d like to hear what you think about this. Could you provide me with some advice? Do any of you have some ideas what I could do in this situation?
Thank you so much.
Cheers
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM