Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33

Re: My own downfall - June 15th 2023, 11:38 AM

Hi Dawn.,
I’m so glad to hear you like your new position! From what you’re saying – about how you look forward to working every day – it sounds as if you really found a great job for yourself.
I’m sorry to hear about your upsetting thoughts, though. I understand that you might feel you’re not doing well enough since it’s all new for you – and especially if you like the job a lot and want to perform as good as possible.
Of course, a chat with your supervisors would be a good idea, as you could hear some direct feedback. However, from what you said it’s not possible at the moment, and therefore I would like to tell you this: it seems you genuinely like your new job, and I am totally sure it’s visible to everyone around you. I believe that when one likes what they do every day, then this energy, mindset and attitude is feelable to their surroundings. It’s not really about the highest performance every day – it’s simply not possible for a human to do a perfect job every single day – it’s about your attitude and engagement.
Neither your supervisors nor you should expect the best performance every day. It’s normal to have better and worse days. Remember not to push yourself too hard. Take regular breaks and eat regular meals, stay hydrated, get up to walk around from time to time (if you have a sitting job), try to sleep well during the night. Of course this is just my advice and it might feel intimidating to try to implement all this at once, but perhaps some of the habits I mentioned could make you feel a little more relaxed at work. Remember that only an employee who takes good care of their mental health can perform well at work.
I’m looking forward to hearing more from you. <3
Cheers!
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM