Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33 Points: 55,876, Level: 33

Re: am i ready? - June 27th 2023, 03:54 PM

Hi,

thanks for reaching out!
Sex is a topic that should be approached slowly and given much thought, as it has some consequences that can affect you for the rest of your life.
I am not only talking about an unwanted pregnancy (which, of course, is a real risk and before engaging in any sexual activities, all parties should educate themselves as best as possible on how to prevent it). I'm also talking about the influence that sexual activity can have on your physical and mental health.
By no means do I want to scare you or discourage from having sex whatsoever It can be a wonderful thing, as well as a satisfying and fulfilling experience. I just believe that in order to fully enjoy it, you should do it because you want to experience something fantastic with another person (/people), not because of external pressure.
Forcing yourself to engage in sexual activity usually won't make you feel better or happier or more accepted. If anything, it's more likely to affect you negatively.

I want to highlight one more thing: I understand you have the feeling everybody around you has girlfriends/boyfriends and has sex. This is not true. Human brain often sees only chosen things, not the whole picture, and then proceeds to convince you that you are worse, you don't fit, others do this and that etc. However, ask yourself the question: how many people you know have a partner? How many people you know had sex? Now - how many people you know don't have a partner? How many people you know have never had sex? When you actually ask your brain these particular questions, it may turn out the second group is the majority among your acquaintances. Human brain loves generalities (everyone does that, I am always like this, all of this is... etc.). But if you ask it some particular questions (how many people actually do this? Can I list their names? How many can I list?...), you can often see the reality is different!

I might've gone a bit offtopic But I hope you get my message, and perhaps my advice helps you a little. If you need some good sources on engaging in sexual activity safely, or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

All the best!
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM